Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Pizza! Pizza!


So tonight I was soooo hungry I scarfed down 3 pieces of pizza! I am hoping the 4 miles I walked this morning will counteract the calories. :) My legs are getting so tight I can't hardly move. I've learned that on days I skip exercising I feel gross. I really like the burn and sweat of hitting the track or doing cardio. I can tell it in the inches I've lost, not necessarily in the pounds.

Today was a sad day for our family as we buried Aunt Alta. She looked very pretty in her pink suit. Pink was her favorite color. Her nails were painted a light pastel shade and she was wearing her wedding band. She suffered so much with her illness that it was good to see her out of pain. She was such a dear sweet woman. Our family will miss her so much but know she is enjoying her home in Heaven.

Tonight I'm babysitting the "Parker Griffith for Congress" campaign. From the numbers coming in, looks like the incumbent has been defeated. I did not vote in today's primary. I didn't have time and wasn't sure who I wanted to vote for. Having the freedom to vote is a wonderful thing and I strong recommend exercising your right but sometimes its tough to choose the right person to hold office.

A landmark vote went down in my hometown of Haleyville. The wet/dry referendum passed, meaning alcohol will now be sold on store shelves. I did not want to see this vote take place. Haleyville is a wonderful town that does not need the evils associated with drinking. But the voters spoke and apparently that is what they wanted. I never thought I would live to see this happen.

Wednesday is hump day then I'm off 2 days. I've got plans to go home and enjoy some time with my family. I need a break from everything that's been going on lately.

Green Team...hope you are having a great week. Keep up the momentum. Let's show em what we are made of!

No comments: