Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I Love A Rainy Night"


Is one of my favorite Eddie Rabbitt country songs. And as much as yes I love to hear the rain outside my window its really putting a hurt on my workout routine.

Last night my blood pressure was skyrocketing after sitting through the Huntsville City School Board meeting. I planned to blow off steam at the Greenway with an intense walk and let the sweat pour off me. On my way home to change clothes lightning bolts started exploding. The sky over Jeff Road was blazing with thunder clouds. I pull into the parking lot and the bottom falls out. It was so stormy I had to sit in my car and wait until the lightning calmed down enough to jump out. About 6:30 the power went off. Great! I was right in the middle of scrambling an egg. I had no flashlight so the only source of light I had was a dim Iphone screen. Needless to say, no power, no cardio on the Wii. Lightning=too dangerous to walk. I was bumed out! Looks like I'm going to have to change my routine and hit the trail in the morning before the tsunami hits in the afternoon.

This is week 5 of Biggest Loser and I am still having fun with it. Some days I don't have as much "go get em" as others but I guess that's to be expected. Kermit the Frog pegged it best when he said, "It ain't easy being Green." ha/ha

I'm very behind on working out. The only day I've really worked up a sweat was Tuesday. I got out in the garden and pulled weeds out of my walking rows. Then I hoed dirt around my tomatoes and stirred the cow manure around my other vegetables. I want to go swimming tonight...if the weather cooperates. We'll see.

So mother nature if you are reading this...how bout a break in the rain. I know my garden would thank you as well as my behind and thighs. They need a workout!

No comments: