Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Walk This Way...


Today I bought a pedometer. This baby is like the Lexus of all walking calculators. It tells you each step you've taken, distance walked, calories burned. I bought it not only to see how far I walk in a day but to measure the distance around my apartment complex. The Greenway is starting to creep me out somewhat since I watched a drug exchange there a few nights ago. (more on that on a slow day).


Last night, I swam for 45 minutes. It was intense. Have you ever tried to run in the pool and then turn and go the opposite directions. Hello shin splints! You certainly get a good workout! The water was bubbly hot too. That made the swim even more exhausting. One thing about it, you sleep better afterwards.


This week's 2 point challenge is anything outdoors with a ball. I'm thinking about soccer. If I go to mom's (which is off limits during Biggest Loser I realize but didn't get to see my dad for Father's Day) I got 22 acres to kick that thing around all I want. If I don't and I stay here, I feel certain I will fall victim to the couch and my ceiling fan. Which, after laying there for a few hours, takes energy to get up. Is that considered exercise??


No comments: