Saturday, June 05, 2010

Fantastic few days off!!

What a terrific few days off work! Just what I needed...time away from Huntsville.

I went to my parents Thursday, after an intense 4 mile walk at the Greenway off Pulaski. Mom is such a fabulous cook. We had egg salad/tuna salad sandwiches with baked chips for lunch. For dinner, she grilled shish kabob's with sausage, squash, mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Also had a fresh green salad and cantelope to go with it.

Friday, my brother and his family came down for an "early birthday" celebration. Chris turns, um, well older June 8th :) Mom grilled chicken, burgers, hot dogs, hot sausages. We had fruit and vegetables to go with it. We also made homemade ice cream. What's a party without cold ice cream on a scorching hot day? Mom made Butter Finger. I made sugar-free strawberry. Man o man was it good!!

We also went for a workout ride in the paddle boat. My niece Mary Beth, John and their dog Dixie had a good time while Cizzy and Chris did all the paddling :)

So despite being out of town... I still managed to get in good exercise and sweat!



No comments: