Monday, June 14, 2010

Chewing gum vs drinking water

If you know me, you know I'm not much of a thirsty turtle. In fact, my theory is this...chewing gum makes up for missed hydration. When I walk 4 miles at the Greenway, I do so with gum in my mouth. And by the time I'm finished, even though what little moisture in my body is pouring on the ground, I stick another piece of gum in my mouth. To me, that's like swigging down a bottle of Gatorade. Refreshing somehow.

My coach, which also doubles as my GM, believes that lack of water may be causing me to hold on to excess weight. So she has challenged me to 8 glasses of water a day....not a week. I drank a cup shortly after I left her office. 7 more to go and I should be well on my way to flushing out the fat :)

I love a good challenge!! And it motivates me when one is issued. Something about pushing yourself to the limit. Makes you feel better when you reach that goal.

And, just to make sure I am sticking to the water regiment I will be tracking my intake.

1 comment:

John said...

Seems ironic, doesn't it, to take on water in order to loose weight? So many people "retain water" for one reason or another... I've heard the number eight for years, and sometimes it's "eight glasses" and sometimes "ounces" which makes the total vary widely. Even "cups" is confusing: do they mean the measuring cup, cup, or drinking cup? LOL... Glad to see your new series of posts, and hope you win your weight-loss challenge!