Monday, May 17, 2010

Wii came...Wii conquered...Wii about died

I guess you can tell from the title of this post I hooked up the Wii this weekend. Who would have thought a gaming device could cause so much pain, sweat and heart palpitations. Wheeew! You know you are out of shape when the gaming console realizes you are trying to cheat because you can't catch your breath. I am proud that I made it 21 minutes doing straight up cardio. I walked, I ran track, boxed, did squats, lunges and in-line skating, along with a few other sorted torture methods. To warm up I played a few rounds of boxing and even baseball. My shoulder feels like I should be a pitcher on the Brave's Baseball Team. I will admit I LOVE my Wii!!! Its a great way to get fit without leaving the comfort of an airconditioned room. I signed up for the Wii 30 day challenge. If I don't die first, I hope to see some major results.

Speaking of self-inflicted death, several co-workers, along with Green Team members are going for a hike on Saturday. Not just a little stroll through the woods mind you but a 6 mile trek up Monte Sano. My suggestion is to have an ambulance waiting so when I roll down the hill at the end, they can just scoop up my lifeless, limp, body, hook me to oxygen and start the reviving process. Been a LONG time since I've hiked up anything :)

Press onward...

No comments: