Thursday, May 24, 2007

Memorial Day...

Well, this weekend officially kicks off the start of summer fun. Many of you have plans to grill out with friends and family or take a ride in the boat on some blue waterway. I have plans of doing neither. I get only one summer holiday a year off. Usually, I take Labor Day. The upside to working when everyone else is off is the extra pay or I can use that day and take off sometime later. Most likely, I'll just take the money and run!

I appreciate the feedback on my high gas price post. I decided to keep the "rant" down because its not just something affecting me but the entire country. John and Lydia you made some good points in your posts. Thanks for the intelligent comments.

Many of you have asked what happened to my Mary Winkler opinion post. I pulled it after several hate filled comments. This is not a blog set up for people to blast others. I appreciate feedback but keep it clean! I do plan to repost after sentencing.

Hope all of you have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for confirming that you pulled your opinion about the verdict. It's frustrating to know something was published (online or in print, etc.) but be unable to find it!

I try to reply in common-sense and sensible ways. Too often we base our actions on "feelings" and not on actual cause-and-effects of reality. Feelings have a place... compassion is part of being a Christian. But some pragmatic realism is also important! This is why, although I wish I could help solve people's problems, I have a conservative viewpoint. Personal responsibility, not name-calling or blaming others, have to be a part of our actions and reactions to our culture, society, and current events.

Speaking of Memorial Day, I, too, will be working. In the "nursing" industry, the patients require 25/7 services and don't go on holiday just because of the calendar! We, too, get "comp" days and overtime pay for having to work. And they schedule a reduced staff on holidays, also.

— John