Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 3...

What a difference a few days can make. Already I can feel a change in how my clothes fit. Hopefully, when I weigh in next Tuesday morning, I will see an even bigger difference in my weight. Even if its only a few pounds, I'm ok with that.

This diet is sooo much better and healthier than Atkins or South Beach, both of which I have been on in the past. Those diets are so restrictive no wonder people "fall off the wagon." For example, no fruit, no milk, no rice, no yogurt, no oatmel. Just meat, cheese, eggs and salad. That can't be healthy. On this diet, you get carbs loaded with fiber which is good for energy and helps fill you up. You can eat an unlimited amount of fruits and veggies. Plus, you get a snack between each meal. Basically, you are eating all day. Nothing wrong with that! :)

Last night, I mixed peaches and pineapple with skim milk and ice for a top notch smoothie. I love homemade peach ice cream. This was even better and no guilt!! I also had tomatoes, egg whites the rest of my mandatory brown rice. I was so full!! Maybe a little too full. You still have to watch portion size. I admit, I didn't get my exercise in. Shame on me!

*Rice tip: A lot of people don't like whole grain brown rice. I love it! I like it even better cold. It has more taste than hot rice. The only seasoning I put on mine is fresh ground black pepper. Try it. Really, really good. If you still think its tasteless, mix in a Tablespoon of light ranch dressing. REMEMBER YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 3 TABLESPOONS A DAY. USE IT WISELY!

If you don't like ranch...try this delicious light dressing. Remember, the same rules apply.

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil (extra light)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

Combine mustard, oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk. Add pepper and salt and whisk again. Chill.

*Smoothie tip: I only drink a cup of smoothie. I make enough for 2. The other cup I pour into an ice cube tray, cover with plastic wrap and put in the freezer. When I'm ready for another smoothie, I pop the cubes out and put them in the blender with milk. Good way to make ahead and save money. Plus you get your skim or low-fat milk allowance for the day.

This morning, I ate a bowl of oatmeal with fresh peaches cut up in it. Yum! I brought an apple for my snack. I also packed my lunch. I mixed lettuce, tomatoes, 3 Tablespoons dressing, and a cup of brown rice together for a healthy crisp salad. For a snack, I had a blueberry yogurt. Yum!
Ok. I know it sounds like I eat the same thing everyday. Basically, I do. But I like it. I have to get in a certain amount of rice, oatmeal, and milk, Planning out my menu helps me make it to my goal. The 9 day detox is slightly limiting so you have to make the best. So far, so good.

Hope to hear others of you who are thinking about trying this "healthy eating plan." If you've had success on other diets, be sure to let me know!

*Food desire of the day: roasted peanuts

You may have noticed a food temptation or desire at the bottom of each day. Hey, I'm only human. No matter how much indulgence I did before Monday, some favorite foods I still miss :) That doesn't mean I'm willing to cheat!


More later...

No comments: