Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day 2...

So far, I like the "Fat Smash Diet." Last night for supper, I had fresh cut up tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper, whole mushrooms and 2 boiled egg whites. That might sound gross but it was soooooo yummy. Then I fixed myself a cold glass of fruit smoothie. I put in a handful of strawberries, peaches, half a banana, a cup of blueberry yogurt, little milk and some ice. So refreshing! Give it a try. I promise you will like it.

For breakfast this morning, I had a cup of oatmeal with bananas and strawberries cut up. I had a cup of yogurt for a snack. I have an apple in my bag. I'll eat it on the way to Athens.

Lunch can be tricky. That is my favorite meal of the day. I brought my lunch yesterday but didn't pack it today. I may have a small salad later or go home and fix a smoothie.

*UPDATE* I did go home for about 30 minutes. I cut up some lettuce and a ripe red tomato, added fresh ground pepper and poured 3 Tablespoons of light homemade ranch dressing over the top. I also added part of the brown rice I'm supposed to consume each day. Very yummy and satisfying. According to the book, you are limited to 3 T. of light dressing. I mixed a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing with light mayo and non-fat buttermilk (keep this on hand). I measured it out so I wouldn't go overboard. So light and refreshing.

Supper may go something like this. A cut up tomato, left over cold rice, fresh mushrooms, boiled egg whites (you have to eat 4 a day) a fruit smoothie for desert. Filling and easy to make :)

In all, this is not a bad diet. I like the food. You will certainly lose a lot of fluid the first day, which is a good thing. For those who love meat, the first 9 days can be challenging.

Today's food craving: BBQ

No comments: