Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 1...

Ok. My day got off to a wierd start. I got up, went downstairs and fixed myself a bowl of oatmeal with fruit (advice: don't buy the instant kind. it's gross. Stick with the 1 minute oatmeal). I sat down on the couch to watch my usual episode of the "Golden Girls." I noticed something biting me. I stood up to see my couch full of ants. The trail led from where I was sitting to the front door. Everything in its path was covered in fire ants!! My feet and other important parts got bit! I went to grab my can of spray only to realize the sprayer didn't work. I slipped on a pair of jeans and headed to Wal-Greens. I bought a can of Raid, came home and went on a killing spree. I washed all my clothes and vacumed up their little bodies. I WAS FURIOUS!!!! I sprayed down the fire ant mound in front of my door. I hope that never happens again.

*Side note: I've been bitten by fire ants before but it is quiet possible that I am allergic to them. My right foot is swollen and red. I can't keep my foot in my shoe because it is growing by the minute. I'll take a benadryl when i get home. If I take it now, I will fall asleep before news time :)

I dusted off my scales and weighed this morning. Just what I thought. The scales registered at 1** pounds. Ok you didn't really think I would tell you?!?!?! My goal is to lose 27 pounds. That will put me back where I was a few years ago. A happy weight I can live with. One, I hope will have smashing results on the men :)

Day 1...Breakfast was kind of shot on the ant dilemma. I got enough in my stomach that I will be ok. I had an apple on the way in. I ate "fried" rice (yum) for lunch. Blueberry yogurt was my 2nd snack. I'm planning on a delicious fruit smoothie for supper. I have to get a second yogurt in for the day and I have not had my 2 cups of low-fat milk or enough fruit. That will work perfectly. My exercise for the day will be a lot of house cleaning tonight.

Hey, I know it's not a slab of juicy ribs, potato salad and homemade ice cream with M & M's on top but the food is good. Besides I ate all my favorite dishes last week so I wouldn't have any cravings through this 9 day detox. So far, so good!

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Vonnie said...

I really need to lose about 30 pounds but I just can't get motivated. I am going to follow your progress and maybe I will give this diet a try. Right now I have a stomach bug - I don't want anything to eat. Maybe this is the right time to start a diet. Of course using my Y membership would really help.