Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sugar and spice and everything that glitters?

I reverted back to my childhood tonight and in the process wound up somewhat embarassing myself. I decided to go to church at Austinville Church of Christ. I parked my car and noticed my hands felt grimy. I grabbed my hand sanitizer, squirted a large glob in my hand and started rubbing. I didn't realize it was *glitter* hand sanitizer (new bottle). My hands were covered in shiny shards of glitter and since I had apparently rubbed my hand across my face, so was my cheek. I looked like an over-age member of the now defunct singing group, The Spice Girls.

I can't believe it. I hear it raining outside! It hasn't rained around these parts in a really long time. The grass is dry, corn crops destoryed, and the drainage ditches look dusty. I love when it rains at night. That is such sweet sleeping weather.

I only have to work -3- days this week. I'm off Thursday and Friday. Then next week, I've got Labor Day and the next day off. A well deserved break from the same ole grind. I've got a dinner meeting with my boss Tuesday night to talk about contract negotiations. It's hard to believe my contract is up in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted.

A friend of mine from church told me tonight she is having gastric bypass surgery. Personally, that is not a choice I would want to make. I would rather leave off the bread, pasta, sweet tea and junk than to have my stomach laid open then sewen back into the size of a cashew nut. I love carbonated beverages and hamburgers too much to change my eating plan to 3 ounces of protein shake every meal. I admire her for wanting to drop the weight.

Hope everyone has a terrific week. I'll blog more later.

No comments: