Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Home Sweet Home...

Here I am back home from Selmer, Tennessee sitting in the den of my townhouse watching "Project Runway" with the sound muted. I almost decided against posting a blog tonight because I am so exhausted. We worked hard the past 4 days. It was HOT, HOT, HOT outside. The occassional shower that came through only made the humidity worse. I drank more water this past week than I've ever drank in my life. When Mary's trial starts in October, it should be much cooler.

Here's a funny story. My camera guy, Juergen and I were on our way back to Selmer Monday. We were chugging along at a pretty good clip when the police caught us speeding through Cherokee. Juergen pulled over on the side of the highway. The cop walked up to the window, asked for his license and registration. Now, we are driving a white Ford Taurus with "Heart of The Valley" and WAFF-48 painted all over the car. Did he really think we stole it or that the station decided not to register the car? If I wanted to drive around in a stolen car, it wouldn't be one that used to have a peacock painted on the hood. Anyway, he informed us that Juergen was driving 82 in a 55. He also said we should slow down because they have a problem with deer running out in front of cars. Mr. Policeman didn't seem very interested in the fact that thousands of cars a day drive through that little bump in the road called Cherokee, Alabama. I digress. We are lucky he let us off with a warning -- and a sermon about deer.

I took pictures while we were in Selmer. As soon as I download them, I will post the pics on the website.

I hate to make this short and sweet but I'm tired. I will have much more to say tomorrow. Until then....may the force be with you.

EG

No comments: