Monday, August 21, 2006

Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean...

In exchange for anchoring the news Saturday, I took today off. Instead of going somewhere exciting, I stayed home and cleaned. It was very theraputic (not really). I washed clothes, changed the sheets on my bed, washed dishes, dusted, cleaned the bathrooms...etc. All the things I hate to do.

I'm watching the "Fantasia Barrino Story" on Lifetime. She won the 2004 American Idol contest. She is not one of my favorite singers. However, I admire her drive and determination. She came from nothing and turned out a star.

Tomorrow night, I have a date with 3 of the sweetest kids you'll ever meet! My nephews Brad and John and my niece Mary Beth and I are going out for ice cream! Brad is very smart. He'll turn 10 in December. John has the prettiest blue eyes and blonde hair. He just turned 5. And Miss Mary Beth, the baby, is the toughest --and sweetest -- little girl you'll ever meet. She is 3. I'm a very lucky aunt. They are terrific children!

For all of you keeping up with Momma Kitty's progress, she's doing much better. However, she got in trouble with mom. Not only does she like climbing the screen with her sharp little claws, she's eating everything in sight. She really likes her new home. I was afraid she might run away at first, mom says no chance of it now. She's hooked on 3 cans of cat food a day.

Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments: