Friday, August 18, 2006

"I've Been Everywhere Man"

Remember that song from the old Johnny Cash days? That is exactly the way I feel today. I have been on the road so much the past week, the state is about to rename one of the major highways after me. It wouldn't get on my nerves half as much if I got to drive some. Riding with another person all day is challenging.

Small town Hamilton in North Alabama is making news headlines -again-! Hamilton, for those of you who don't know, is a hop, skip and jump from Haleyville (where I grew up). It appears John Mark Karr got his start being a "bad boy, bad boy" right here in the great state of Alabama. We really know how to raise 'em right! I wonder, though, if he really killed JonBenet Ramsey. My money was always on Patsy. I find it ironic that 2 months after her death, this new information comes to light. Hmmmmm...

Kitty cat update...I'm happy to report that Momma Cat is doing well. She is eating 3 meals a day and sleeping the rest of the time. She is in good hands with my mom and dad. By the time I see her again, she should be well on her way to becoming a poster child for obese pets.

Today is Friday. Normally, I'm thrilled to have made it to another weekend. However, I have to work Saturday. I'm filling in at the anchor desk. That's not like reporting where you are out all day running around in the heat begging toothless people for an interview. I can sit back some and relax. What I need to do is wash clothes and clean house. I'll do that Monday. I'm off that day.

Ok. So the pictures aren't posted yet. That is my weekend project. Time people!! I haven't had time!

Hope all is well...
More later.
EG

No comments: