Sunday, August 13, 2006

Nine of the sweetest lives...

My mom and I both love cats. Dad even likes them, though it took years to get him to understand cats are about the most loving animals on the planet. (sorry dog lovers. I've always been partial to cats).

A few weeks ago, mom found some kittens living in a drainage culvert down the road from their house. Since the kittens obviously didn't belong to anyone and were starving, mom and I picked the ones we wanted to take home. Unfortunatly, the kitty cats had other plans. They weren't going to budge. So, Saturday night, we tried again. Little Gray and Calli decided to stay behind. Somehow, we lured Momma cat into coming home with us. I guess she was tired of living life in the ghetto. She's very sweet, a bit timid and so pitiful. I've never seen a skinny cat. We put her on a -3- meal a day plan and she seems to really like it. Hopefully, by the time I come back for a visit, she'll be fat and sassy.

Here is another cat story for you. Not long after we got back from "adopting" momma cat, I opened the door to my car and heard a noise. I looked up and there was a big gray cat stuck to the top of my driver's side seat. I screamed!!! The cat jumped, hit its head on the windshield, scratched the dash, then ran out the door. I have no idea how that animal got in my car. My windows were only cracked a few inches. Hopefully, I've discouraged it from visiting again.

I've got my digital camera working. I'll be posting pictures soon.

I'm sleepy. I've got a long day planned tomorrow. It's lights out for me.

More later...

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Elizabeth, the cat in the car story is hysterical!!