Thursday, February 03, 2011

Careful what you wish for...

I make no secret that I cannot stand winter time. It's dark, damp, dreary, depressing, and any other "d" word you can think of. I consider myself a summer time girl. I love warm sunny days, green grass, going fishing and wearing flip flops. But I've always said if it would snow in the deep south I could try and like winter just a little bit more.

Christmas Day I woke up to a complete shock! I looked out my bedroom window and what to my wondering eyes should appear--nope not Santa--but several inches of the prettiest white snow you've ever seen. For most of the day and on into Sunday it continued to fall.

A week later, we had snow again! This time, I had to work but still found time to enjoy it. My photog and I stayed at the Hampton Inn off the interstate in Athens (I highly recommend this establishment)...Here are a few pics from that day.





Now I have to explain the next 2 pictures. I was coming out of our motel-still dazed from having to get up so early-when I saw an unusual site...Yes that is a buck strapped to the back of a pick-up truck. The hunter was from Michigan. He and his buddies drove to Selma to deer hunt, thinking it was going to be like a tropical paradise here. They never thought they would run into snow and ice. The interstate turned slick so they pulled into our hotel for the night...the deer freshly preserved from the bitter cold drive :) I could not resist a photo opportunity! I also got an interview with the hunter--who I discovered, had 2 more deer in the back hidden under coolers and guns. Notice the deer, which had been somewhat gutted, is frozen solid. Even had ice hanging off its hoofs, rack and eyelashes. It's great to be from the south :) Only here would you find such interesting stories.


1 comment:

在宅ライター募集 said...

在宅ライター募集をしています。在宅で出来るライティングのお仕事を始めてみませんか?締切などもございませんので手の空いた時間にお仕事していただけます。お気軽にご応募ください。