Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Who me? Are you sure that's a good idea?

I was recently asked by my alma mater, Freed-Hardeman University, to deliver the commencement speech for graduation ceremonies May 14th. When the invitation came in the mail, I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a mistake. The first question that shot through my mind...me? Really? I likely should credit "you know who" for the boost in my popularity. I assume when one of your graduates-who goes on to be a rather good reporter- becomes a viral sensation there is an obligation perhaps to invite them to campus. ;) Don't get me wrong, I consider myself honored. I hope those in attendance will enjoy whatever life advice, bitter and crusty though it may be, that I share.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to seeing you address the graduates. I am very proud of you. When you think of all of the people who have graduated from there, I would have to say it is quiet an honor to be asked to give the commencement speech. :-))

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.