Monday, January 01, 2007

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I'm behind on my blogging. Please forgive me. The week before Christmas I was flat on my back with the worse kind of sickness. I got better then my crud turned into a terrible throbbing middle ear infection. Thanks to some high power antibiotics, I'm now only stone deaf in one and a half ears. :)

I had a really good x-mas. I spent it in Haleyville with my sweet and beloved family. The food was delicious, the gifts were wonderful but it was the time spent with those I love that made the day so special.

Friday was really great! I went to Tuscaloosa to spend time with my good friend Tracy. She moved from Huntsville to T-town over the summer. She bought her a cute garden home and began a new job at Northridge High School. She took me to a wonderful Italian place for lunch then we went to the campus for a look-see. After that we went for a drive. I got sick and began puking. Poor Tracy knows the routine. If you see me turn the shade of concrete, it might be wise to quickly pull over. A bad ear infection plus car sickness equals me with my head hung out the door. Well, you get the picture.

Later that night I came back to Haleyville to have birthday supper with Kristen, my best friend growing up. We are still tight and I think she is a great gal! We ate Italian! Yeap, my second helping and this time I kept it down :) She gave me this really cute gift. It's a rubber man you drop in water and he's grows. The best part about him? He keeps his mouth shut! haha! Thanks Kristen and Tracy! I had a wonderful time!!

New Year's Eve was very unromantic. No surprise there! Instead of smooching a man when the clock struck midnight, I rolled over just in time to see the ball drop. Maybe next year :)

Did you make your resolutions for 2007? If so, try to keep at least one!

Happy New Year!

No comments: