Monday, January 15, 2007

Is this January or June?

What did you think about the warm temperatures Saturday? Wow!!! I raised the windows and let my house get some fresh air. It felt so good outside. Hard to believe its January. Back to reality as today felt more like winter. Chilly and rainy out. Yuck!

My brother and his famly came to my house Saturday. Chris installed a wireless hicky so I don't have to drag 50 feet of cable around with me. He also brought 2 cd's filled with classic country music! I downloaded several songs to my MP3 player! Hank, Conway, Barbara, Vern...all the good ones!

Later, we went to Bellacinos in Madison. They have delicious sub sandwiches and pizza. I had a turkey, bacon, ranch, and swiss sub minus the lettuce. Yummy!

Sunday I cooked lunch, like always. Growing up my mom fixed something delicious to eat after church. I can't ever remember eating out. Now, that's all we do. Here is a recipe from Sunday lunch. It's a Campbell's Soup reciped kicked up a degree! Enjoy!

One Dish Chicken and Rice Bake -- Cizzy Style

1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup 98 % Fat Free
1 cup water
*3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain yellow rice
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
small can green chilies (optional, but yummy)
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes

Directions:

MIX soup, chicken, water, rice, paprika, black pepper, green chilies in a bowl.
Pour into a 2-qt. shallow baking dish.
Season with additional paprika and pepper.
Cover.
BAKE at 375°F. 45 min. or until done.

TIP: *For creamier rice, increase water to 1 1/3 cups.

No comments: