Wednesday, January 24, 2007

washing machine blues...

Soon I will become the owner of a brand new washing machine. Probably, a dryer too. Last night, my washing machine started smoking. The engine apparently blew up. The heating element in my dryer is going bad too. I've went on-line today searching for new ones. I love the $1,000 + models, of course. However, that is not in my budget. I was hoping to hold off buying a washer until I moved. Looks like if I don't want to wash my clothes in the Tennessee River, I have no choice. Fear not!!! I don't plan to purchase until I find exactly the one I want. That includes the price I pay for it. Hopefully, I will have clean clothes again new soon. (just kidding)

My mother handed in her retirement slip yesterday at the bank. I'm happy for her! She's worked a long time and I know she is looking forward to treating herself to some "me" time. She plans to work part for a while so she can hold on to her insurance. That got me to thinking. I have many many more years before I can sit back and enjoy life. How depressing.

Saturday we had a birthday get together for my dad. We ate lunch at The Steakhouse in Moulton. Then we enjoyed sugar-free desert at my brothers house. Mom ordered a yummy sugar-free chocolate ice cream brownie pie from TCBY. I made a homemade banana split (sugar free) ice cream loaf to go with it.

If you need a simple desert, try this. You don't have to make it sugar-free but it will make you feel a lot less guilty in the end :)

1 loaf pan
a sheet of plastic wrap
favorite ice cream
chocolate syrup
bananas
cherries
cool whip
nuts (optional)

Lay sheet of plastic wrap in loaf pan. layer ice cream, bananas, cherries, chocolate syrup. top with Cool Whip and nuts. Wrap. Place in freezer. Before you are ready to serve. Pull ice cream loaf wrapped in plastic out of pan. Remove plastic wrap. Serve.

Happy eatings!

No comments: