Monday, December 18, 2006

sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching...

It seems the cold-flu bug is making its way through the ranks. I had some of it over the weekend. I'm feeling better today but decided to stay out of work. I didn't want anyone to catch this junk before Christmas. My poor brother is a different story. He has the stomach virus. I dropped off 3 bottles of Diet 7-UP at his front door, made sure he was ok (through the front glass door) then took off. Nobody wants that mess!!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

A week from today is Christmas! Can you believe it? Where has this year gone? My family will celebrate the holiday on Sunday, Christmas Eve. It's our year to open gifts one day early. Next year, we will have Christmas on the day it is supposed to fall. It rotates every year with the Gentles and the Bradfords (sister-in-laws fam).

Speaking of in-laws, my sister-in-law, Sarah, had a good turn out for her cookie swap last weekend. This was the 4th annual gala. I have attended each and every one. I must say I think this one had the most people. It was a lot of fun.

I've decided to start posting some recipes on my blog site. I love to try new dishes. Mostly, I'm always looking for delicious sugar-free or low carb menu ideas.
However, for those of you who can eat sweets, I will try to post regular desert recipes as well. This one is loaded with sugars and sweets but I thought anyone looking for an easy and delicious cookie idea might try this one out. I made it for the cookie swap! Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Reese Cup Cookies

2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 cup Crisco butter flavor sticks
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips
1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
2 + cups chopped Reese cups

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in bowl. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy/ Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. stir in morsels and peanut butter cups. Drop by tablespoon fulls on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Cool.
Makes 4 dozen.

No comments: