Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Slow down!

I've always said how terrible it would be to die in a horrific car crash. That is not the way I want to leave this earth. Today, I had to do a story about a 17 year old high school drop out who was driving so fast, he went airborne, hit a concrete cluvert, rolled his car several times, slammed into a tree and died. The impact was so hard, his car exploded into bits and pieces. Later, we were shooting video after the car was taken away. On the ground were some of his belongings. We found unsmoked cigarettes, condom wrappers, an empty bottle of shampoo and a reciept for a phone card. What kind of impression do you think that leaves? Its sad. Oh, I know he was probably a good kid, a little wild maybe. It does make you wonder what kind of life this person led. I've seen things inside crushed vehicles I never want to see again. Sometimes just by looking inside a person's car, you can guess what there last few minutes on earth was spent doing.

Slow down. Be careful. And clean out your cars!! ha!

No comments: