Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A little spare time in my day...

I'm caught up on my work so I thought I would blog. I've had trouble launching my posts. Hopefully, this one will go through.

I had to go to Cullman today and cover a church break-in. Truly, there was nothing that exciting about the video. They got in through an unlocked door, broke into a storage room, stole musical instruments and left. What made this story "shocking" was the fact that 'revival' services were going on next door. The pastor found the storage room door kicked in when he was locking up. He called us the next day to come down and do a story. He was really nice. I hope they get there equipment back.

The funny thing about church breakins and vandalisms is you hardly ever hear of it happening to a Church of Christ. Think about it. We have no expensive equipment, little money and no fancy decorations. What do we have that a thief would want? A few tracts about hell, plastic juice cups and some left over crackers? I doubt they are interested.

The weather was so nice today. The sun was shining bright. The sky was blue. And, oh yeah, the wind was howling right up my skirt! It could have been very embarassing if I hadn't held on to my hem during today's press conference. Word to the wise, pants are best when there are gale force winds a' blowin.

So how many of you watched the news about Louisian's Super Dome reopening? Its amazing they finished this 9 + million dollar project just in time for football season. The dome has all the bells and whistles. New stadium chairs (for the obvious reason), new lighting, new turf, new flooring, etc. But wait!!!!! What about all the debris still piled up in neighborhoods, houses untouched, cars rusting, mold, yards full of thick briars and bushes. Nothing has been done to clean up that mess. Yet, we drop millions into a structure that probably should have been torn down. I believe in getting life back together and generating revenue. Come on now. What about all those families that have nothing and have had to move away to start all over. I wonder how they feel about sinking that kind of cash into a football stadium.

Time for me to get ready for the news.
Hope everyone is well.

No comments: