Saturday, September 02, 2006

better than i expected...

Here's a pic of today's banana bread. It turned out nice. Crunchy and golden on the outside, soft on the inside. Of course, the consistancy of the dough when you are mixing it is nothing like regular bread. Thankfully, the banana, shortening, eggs and vanilla give it some moisture. Otherwise, it would be a dry brick. I sliced and wrapped it in foil for my dad to eat on this week. He likes sugar-free treats.

Speaking of dad, he came to Decatur today. We had a really good time. We went to Athens and Huntsville looking for a part to his finishing mower. We didn't find one. We did run into a bunch of sales people who had virtually no idea what we were talking about. That seemed to be in abundance. It was so nice out today I really enjoyed the ride. We came back through Decatur so he could pick up his banana bread. Then we went to Moulton to eat at The Steak House (also known as the silo). DELICIOUS!!! We had a fresh crisp salad, the most tender cut of chicken and some of the best tea you can find.

My brother, Chris, likes to eat at The Stockyard in Moulton. The name says it all. I can't get past the smell to order meat. Its a virtual stockyard, built around a restaurant, with messy smelly cows and horses. It makes the Courtland paper mill smell like flowers!! Sorry bro.

TV Land is running a commercial for Family Table night September 25th. They will not show any television shows during a certain time of the evening so that families can sit around the table, eat dinner, and talk. When did we have to set aside a date for that? Growing up, my mother always prepared dinner (and every other meal) and set us at the table. We talked, laughed and enjoyed time together as a family. I never knew parents and children didn't eat together. I'm older now and eat wherever I'm standing. I still enjoy the time spent with my family around the table.

Time for some television, then bed. church is tomorrow and I need to do laundry. More later...

No comments: