Friday, September 01, 2006

for the seafood lover in ME!

I love seafood. Lobster, shrimp, crab legs, crab cakes, fish. The only seafood I'm opposed to is scallops. I think they are gross. Since I don't live on the Gulf Coast where the seafood is freah and abundent, I have to rely on Red Lobster to ease my seafood cravings. It wasn't that long ago when the Admiral's Feast (crab legs, shrimp scampi, and lobster) cost less than $20.00. Now, that same delicious platter is nearly $25.00!!!!! That doesn't include the nearly $2.00 diet beverage I normally order. Add tax and tip and you've got an overpriced platter of shellfish. I haven't eaten at Red Lobster probably since Christmas and there is a reason for it. Its ridiculous how the cost of gas has driven up the price of my favorite restaurants. 2 people can can only eat there maybe once a year...unless they are millionaires.

I saw a funny billboard in Madison yesterday. It probably wouldn't have caught the attention of many drivers but I was stopped at a red light and happened to stare up at it. It was a billboard of a cosmotology student. Someone had climbed up and painted her 2 front teeth black. The caption, which I can't remember because I was distracted by the Bubba look, went so well with the vandalism I giggled all the way to the hot wing place. hahaha! I wish I had taken a picture but my camera was at home. :(

I guess mom and grandma are exploring all that Canada has to offer. I bet that's the best part of the whole trip.

I'm going shopping today. Maybe I'll see more interesting billboards along the way.

No comments: