Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tom and Martha Britt...

I meant to post this sad information Friday. Tom Britt's wife Martha was killed Friday while she and Tom were walking in their West Tennessee neighborhood. Someone ran over them and left the scene. Tom is in critical condition. The hit-and-run driver is still at large.
Martha was the principal at Lane Elementary School, where my friend Rhea teaches. Tom has worked for WBBJ Television in Jackson for 14 years. When I was trying to get a foot in the door of this businessmore than 10 years ago, I interviewed with him. I remember Tom giving me a pop quiz on current events. Long story short, I didn't get the job. I remember him telling me not to give up. Keep this family in your prayers. Tom most likely will not be able to attend his wife's funeral. He has a broken leg, head injury, punctured lung and several other serious injuries.

No comments: