Friday, October 06, 2006

Gloom, despair and agony on me...

Ok. So I haven't posted a blog in several days. I have a really good excuse. Tuesday, I had an attack of kidney stones. I have only hurt like that one other time in my life. You guessed it. 3 years ago when I had my- first- attack of kidney stones. If I counted correctly, I'm the proud mother of 6 stones.

My 10 year college reunion is next month. Its hard to believe I've been out of school that long. My college roommate just had her 3rd baby. Wow! Time flies! My life then, compared to now, has really changed. Then, I was energetic, positive, tenacious. Now I'm old, cranky and tired. I honestly thought CNN would call and offer me a job the day I graduated. Now, I'm thinking about going to work for McDonald's as the newest addition to there french fry section.

This morning I did a story with some of the officers with Decatur's SWAT Team. They are all really nice guys. Some, as you can imagine, are camera shy. Its amazing how school has changed since I was a little girl. Anyone could walk in without ever having to stop by the office. Now, you can't even walk into some schools without buzzing in or having someone unlock the door. I always worry about Brad, John and Mary Beth. School isn't a safe place for kids anymore.

Tonight, I'm going to Emily's for a cookout/bonfire. I wonder how well I will like deer burgers? I'm not sure I can stomach eating an animal Disney once thought was worthy of a movie.

Mom and dad are coming to Hartselle tomorrow to watch the kids play soccer. Of course, Aunt Cizzy will be there too.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments: