Monday, May 12, 2008

Time for a change...again!

Once more, I am fighting the "battle of the bulge." Ok more like a non-stop war these days. If you remember this time last year, I dropped about 30 pounds on "The Fat Smash Diet." I gained that back plus some, I'm ashamed to say. When my schedule changed to a split shift, my metabolism went into the basement. Well, that's part of it. The other half of the story is everything I've been eating since. Peanut butter and I became very good friends shortly after. Last night, I had to end that sticky love affair and say goodbye to my favorite jar of Jiff. It was difficult but I feel certain it was the right move. Eating an entire jar of my favorite spread really was starting to show up in places I would rather not share :)

I've mentioned this already but feel its worth repeating. I LOVE Fat Smash because its easy. Plain and simple. I like fresh fruits, vegetables, milk, yogurt, and brown rice so its no problem for me to stick to it during the 9 day detox phase. I have my "built in" cheat day and I take advanatage of a FEW favorties then. The next day, I'm back on it.

I realized sleeping until 11 on Monday and Tuesday morning wasn't helping me at all. I need a regular schedule so today I got up early and exercised, kist like I would at the end of the week when I work a dayside schedule. I cleaned house after never giving myself a chance to be still. Remember if you move it you will lose it!!! Also, I find blogging about my weight loss experience helps me stay on track. It holds me accountable for the foods I stick in my mouth. Plus I love the feedback for those of you faithful enough to still log on and check this thing.

Like last time, I ate what I wanted before I started back on my healthy eating plan. It helps get the cravings out of my system. Today was very easy and I enjoyed the foods I ate. Remember, the 9 day detox plan helps get rid of the water weight and you can really shed some pounds in that amount of time -- in a healthy way!

Here's what I ate today...

Breakfast - 1 cup oatmeal with half banana, 2 cut up strawberries and a splash of milk
snack- I had the other half of my banana
lunch- Blueberry Smoothie (1/3 cup frozen blueberries, 1 container of blueberry yogurt and 1/3 cup skim milk) YUM!
dinner - 2 boiled eggs, tomatoes and a small salad with cut up apples and unsweet tea with lemon

If you want to participate along with me, join in. You can check past blogs to find out more about the plan. I will be posting everyday so you can see how its going.

Wish me luck -- again!

My weight -- 1** (seriously people. I didn't tell you the last time either)
Today's food craving - bagel

No comments: