Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thank you...

I wanted to thank all of you who have been faithful to keep up with my daily ramblings on the Mary Winkler trial. I had no idea my site would become this popular. You have left many kind messages and I truly appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

At the end of the day, Matthew's family came out and read a written statement to a sea of cameras. Dan Winkler, perhaps the most kind and humble speaker, talked briefly thanking everyone involved in the case for their hard work. He thanked the jury and thanked God for being their "rock and our shield" during the trial. He also comment that they will treasure the memory that Matthew had for his family, his church and his Lord.

Mary's attorney's talked mainly about the case but also wanted to express their sympathy to the Winkler's.

I need a break from this trial coverage. I will be leaving Corinth, Mississippi tomorrow morning for a weekend of well deserved rest. I'm going to visit my parents and unwind. I will give you my opinion on this case soon. Stay tuned to read my unofficial ramblings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did a great job covering this sis! I'm very proud of you!