Monday, April 09, 2007

Hurry Up and WAIT!!!

Sunday night, I got to Corinth around 7:00. Our sat truck operator, Mark was already here. Juergen had to work late but came up when he finsihed.

After a good night's sleep, we left our hotel early and drove to Selmer (about 30 minutes away). This is picture I took from a monitor in our truck. It's a little blurry but you get the picture -- no pun intended. This is Mary Winkler and her attorneys, Steve Farese on the right and Leslie Ballin on the left.

Mary doesn't even look like the same person I went to college with. She has the most stone cold look on her face. The Mary I remember was a sweet girl, with a shy personality. She was always smiling and appeared to be a happy person. You can't see it in this picture, but she continues to wear her wedding band.





Matthew Winkler's murder has generated a lot of local and national publicity. This is a just a fraction of the media covering his widow's trial. The rest, like Court TV will set up tomorrow and stay until it is over. I always like mingling with other reporters and photographers from out of town. Most of them are cool and usually everyone works well together.





I snapped this photo of Juergen just before we went on the air at 5. You can't see me but I'm standing in front of the camera.




I hope we get to stay until the trial is over but it depends on the powers that be. if they choose to bring us home, not much we can do about it.

I'll be posting updates. Be patient. I've got a slow internet connection. Selmer, TN has very little coverage so cell phones and lap tops don't always work.

Be safe!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Cute camera guy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It would be hard for her to smile after what was done.

If May is innocent I hope she goes free if not then I hope she is jailed and gets help. Sorry for what happened to your friend.

Anonymous said...

So sad what this is doing to the church; however more so to those precious three children. God please help the mother who would lie to her child, who would even have a gun in the house; who would not have the courage to take another way to resolve problems in the home. She was probably desperate in many ways and we do not know what her past life has been. However, it doesn't sound like what she did was accidental; sounds more desperate than that.

Will continue our prayers to all the families.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I heard about Mary Winkler on the internet and i was wondering if you could show me some of the pictures that was on the winkler computer. I am in the seventh grade and i couldn't find any useful information to do my report. I acually should know a little bit about the story for i live relativly close to Selmer, Sardis TN, please try to contact me at haley_parker@ymail.com

Thanks,
Elizabeth Parker