Friday, December 08, 2006

Finally, some down time after a busy week...

Wow! This has been a long sad week. It all started Saturday night with a telephone call that a friend of mine (see previous post) had died. I was getting ready for the WAFF-48 Christmas Party. Obviously after all that, I didn't go. It took several days for funeral arrangements to be finalized. He was bured Thursday at the city cemetery. I understand the sheriff and chief investigator gave a moving euology. I decided not to go. I would rather remember Justin the way he was. I truly feel sorry for his family and for his best friend David. Be sure to keep them in your prayers.

It sure has been cold! That wind makes my fur blow to the left! (my cats always hated that) I miss the warm weather, long days and green grass.

Mom came up Monday. We had a really good time. We ate breakfast at Cracker Barrell then went shopping. After a long day of spending money, we came back to Decatur and ate supper at Bob Gibson's BBQ. Yum!

Tomorrow, I'm taking Brad, John and Mary Beth to Sci-Quest in Huntsville for the WAFF-48 Kids Christmas Party. I sure hope they have a good time. Santa is supposed to make an appearance. I wonder if I should whisper what I want in this ear. Mom says I have to get that present on my own! hahahahahaha!

I got my cookies baked tonight for my sister-in-laws cookie swap sunday. i made a chocolate chip peanut butter cup cookie. Turned out beautifully.

The only person I have left to buy for on my list this year is my stinkin brother! I say that because his wish list consited of Sharpie markers and sugar free butterscotch. That is not the Chris I'm used to buying for. Don't worry! I think I've come up with a groovy little idea.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: