Saturday, November 18, 2006

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes...

I don't know about all of you but I'm tired of hearing about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes wedding. Shouldn't they have gotten married *BEFORE* they had a baby? Uh, yeah. They've gone to Italy to tie the knot. Last night on the TV Guide Channel, the correspondants were talking about the couple's pre-nup agreement. Apparently thats what has held up wedding plans. Their attorney's couldn't agree on a fair pre-nup. If they are so in love as Tom excitedly told the world on the Oprah's couch last year, then he should trust that there marriage will last forever. Come on! Let's get real. This is Hollywood! I don't even know why they are bothering to get married. He'll get tired of her and find somebody else. If Katie is smart she'll be a runaway bride!

I've been cleaning house all morning. I thought about going Christmas shopping but then changed my mind. I would rather do that through the week when the crowds are not so intense.

While all of you are stuffing your bellies with mashed potatoes, turkey, and delicious sugar filled deserts with your families, I will be one of few working Thanksgiving. I have worked every turkey day since I got out of college. I don't really mind. I usually eat with the less fortunate. I always meet someone that reminds me of why I should be thankful for what I have. There is no greater lesson on that day of thanks than pulling up a Dixie plate with someone who has nothing. A humbling lesson that I think everyone should experience.

Today is Iron Bowl. I could care less but in the spirit of the game, ROLL TIDE!

I try not to use this blog as my personal issue website. However, I'm in a funk and have been for a long time. I know why but I don't care to go into it. Usually I'm excited about Christmas. This year, I could sleep straight through and never care that I missed it. I'm not putting up a tree as I usually do. I don't plan to listen to Christmas music (though I live Alabama's Christmas in Dixie) and now I suddenly hate holiday shopping. I'll go to my mother's on Christmas Eve and do the whole gift/dinner thing. Maybe by then, The Grinch will have left my system.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: