Friday, October 17, 2008

That little Geko!

I know you have all been sitting on the edge of your seats terrified that I might not update the latest drama with my car accident. Ok, I doubt anyone cares but if you do, here goes the story -- the shortened down version anyway.

My car was totaled out by the insurance adjuster. A week and 2 days AFTER the accident I finally get it verified that the guy who ran the stop sign and caused all of this is, after all, insured!! It took threatening the life of a Geko to get that confirmed but in these hard times a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do! Geico is, as we speak, getting the paper work together and preparing to cut me a nice lump check for my trouble. That money will be spent on a new car and a credit card pay off ;)

What kind of car interests me? I love the 09 Hyundai Sonata Limited. The 09 Mazda 6 is a HOT ride and the Nissan Altima is still a winner in my opinion. I have several points of interest to consider. One being gas mileage, of course, and warranty. Hyundai sports a 100 thousand mile power train warranty. Mazda has a 5 year and Nissan a 36,000. When I am feeling better I plan to do some comparison buying. Hopefully I'll get a good deal...

Stay tuned to find out which one I decide to go with!

1 comment:

John said...

I, too, have to deal with an auto accident, a totaled car, and the challenges of replacements. Alas, mine was a hit-and-run while my car was parked overnight; its low value means collusion was pointless to carry. So I don't get a check from my insurance or the other guy's... But my car is still drivable, and hopefully it will see me through a long, snowy, slippery, northern (Pocono region) winter! My replacement choices are more limited; whatever God provides will be good enough. (A buy-here, pay-here place, once I've saved up some cash and get the financing in place.) I expect to get another budget used car; I don't need a lot!

I may not be sitting on the edge of my seat to hear your story, but I'll be waiting to hear how things turn out. Trust in God, keep praying...as you well know, He's got it all in His very capable hands!