Sunday, June 10, 2007

"All you can eat" doesn't really mean what you think

I've done really well sticking to my 'healthy eating plan.' In fact, I've really enjoyed the food choices, though in phase 1 it is slightly limited. I was supposed to start phase 2 Friday. However, after eating what I did Saturday, I went back to phase 1 again today. I'll start phase 2 later this week.

Saturday was my brother's birthday. My sister-in-law ordered 3 pounds of smoked chicken with white sauce, pork, slaw, baked beans from "Pig Stand BBQ" in Hartselle. Oh my! How yummy! We also had potato chips, cake and homemade ice cream. I already planned to blow my diet and eat just what I wanted. That way, my metabolism would get a needed boost. Boy did I eat! Chicken. Pork. Slaw. Chips. 3 glasses of tea. Bite of cake. 2 cups of ice cream. About an hour later, I was in the bathroom sick! When I weighed this morning, I gained 1/2 pound. Was it worth it? You better believe it! :)

I got up this morning, fixed a cup of oatmeal with peaches. For lunch, I fixed chicken and rice. I measured out a 1/2 cup and ate that with 1/2 of a tomato. I also had a blueberry smoothie. It was really good.

For a few days, I will stick to phase 1 just so I can drop a few extra pounds. I can really tell a difference in my weight. So can everyone else! I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it for 12 days. One day off the wagon didn't hurt much and I jumped right back on today. Remember, we are all just human and we deserve a break now and then.

No comments: