Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sleepless in Selmer...

It's late and I can't sleep. Wouldn't you know it? I'm tired as can be but my little eyelids won't stay shut tight. I've got to be up early in the morning too. I've got a long day ahead of me. Mary Winkler's attorneys have a court date tomorrow on a motions hearing. Mary doesn't have to be there. I wonder if she'll show.

My dad isn't feeling well at all. He's been sick the last week or so with kidney stones. Mom is taking him to the doctor tomorrow (he's been already and to the ER a few times) to see what can be done to give him some relief. She's packing him a bag just in case they put him in the hospital. I sure hope they let him go home to rest in his own bed. I've been so worried about him. My dad is never sick. Never misses work. The last few days, he's been flat of his back doped up on pain meds. I know he hurts. I got hit hard with kidney stones a few months ago. Bad, bad stuff. Dad, if you feel like reading this, I hope you feel better soon. I love you more than all the sand spread across every beach on earth and then some!

My GG (grandma) hasn't been feeling well either. She's got to wear a heart monitor for a few weeks. GG's never been sick either. She's tough as a horse. Even if she felt bad or broke a bone, she sure wouldn't tell us unless it was something really bad. GG I hope you feel better soon too. I love you bunches!

Also on the sick list, my brother's kids. They have snotty little noses. I hope they are better. I do have some good news. My mom no longer looks like a little Chinese lady. Her kidney infection is much better and the swelling in her face is gone. Geez, have I left anyone out? It seems this hasn't been a good year already. As always, keep your families, and mine, in your thoughts and prayers.

Don't you just love this warm weather? Thanks Chris for sending me those awesome reminders of summers at the beach with our family. Those were cool snapshots! Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful too. Ahhhhhh...spring is in the air!

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday! I'll try to post more when I get home tomorrow night.

No comments: