Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Does America REALLY have talent?

I'm sitting in the newsroom waiting for my 10:00 spot on the news. Playing on NBC is "America's Got Talent." Some of the people on there are so gifted. Then there are others that are, well, not so much!

I know its been a long time since my last post. My excuse is this. I don't really have one other than just being lazy. As with every post I will make this solemn promise -- I will try harder!

Is it hot enough for you? I know it is for me but I'm one of those strange people who LOVES summer in the south! The heat and humidity beats freezing to death. I've never been much for cold weather. Makes my old bones hurt and gives me static in my hair :) No woman wants that!?!?!

I spent most of the day at the Moontown Airport. 2 people died in a plane crash just west of there. Very sad. No matter how many tragic and bad scenes you go out on it never gets easier. In fact, it gets tougher. Makes you realize how precious life is. You should love everyday given you and embrace the ones around you that mean the world to you.

Fresh garden vegetables are by far the best invention EVER! I brought home a basket of grandma grown tomatoes, corn, watermelon, peppers and peaches. I've so enjoyed reaping the benefits of her gardening. SO delicious and much better than even what you buy at the farmer's market -- not to mention its FREE!!!!

Are you in the market for a kitty cat? Lane has 5 snuggly little ones he's more than willing to give away to a good home. If you are like me and have cat related allergies, he'll even tie a Benadryl around kitties neck. Let me know if you want one. It will be the best investment you ever make (ok not really but he desperatly needs to get rid of the kitties and doesn't want to have to drop them at the animal shelter).




Hope everyone has a good "hump day!"

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

hey elizabeth...i'm an admirer of your news reporting and a fellow blogger.

i am a huge cat lover, and very tempted by the kittens. i must NOT let my 9 year old daughter see them. i've already got 3 cats. here's hoping they find a good home.

you keep up the good work.